Import Export registration
Ten digit IEC number allotted by DGFT is a mandatory registration for commercial importers and exporters in India. Apply online and get your IEC registration in less than two days.
Starting at R. 1500/-
Import Export registration
If you are in business of importing and exporting of goods in India, it mandatory to have 10 digit Import Export Code. Many a times Import Export Code is abbreviated as IEC. Import Export Code is required for all persons or enterprises involved in Import or Export of goods. Import Export Code is issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Government of India. Import Export Code has Lifetime Validity
Why register for IEC?
- The IEC registration helps traders open the doors to venture into the global market, including registration in online e-commerce operators.
- Businesses can avail government schemes like Merchandise Export from India Scheme (MEIS), Service Export from India Scheme (SEIS) and others from Customs and Export Promotion
- No compliance requirements pos registration and hence maintaining the business is relatively simple
- The process of obtaining IEC is not tedious and can be obtained with minimal, basic documents.
Why choose LEGALSAHAYATA?
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No Office Visit
- No Hidden Cost
- Pay only Government fees now, our charges only on work completion
- Expert Consultation
- Document Evaluation
- Application Drafting
- Issuance of License
- Government Fees
- CA Support
Documents required for online import export license:
1. Pan card of applicant or the Company
2. Address proof (sale deed/ rent or lease agreement/latest electricity, or landline or telephone bill) in the name of applicant. In case bill is not in name of the firm then NOC from the owner is required.
3. Cancelled cheque bearing entity’s pre-printed name. (if the cheque, doesn’t carry firm name then bank certificate is required)- we will provide the format of Bank Certificate
4. Copy of the entity’s government ID (Driving license/Aadhar/Voter ID)
5. Incorporation certificate/Partnership deed
6. Either Passport/Voter i’d/Aadhar card of applicant
7. Mobile number on which OTP
8. Email address for OTP
When is IEC code required?
- It is needed by the custom authorities to clear the shipments in the case of any imports.
- Also, it is needed by the bank to transfer the amount in the case of any imports made.
- Vis-à-vis if an exporter needs to send the shipments, and then it is required.
- Or, if the exporter is supposed to receive money in foreign currency and it is transferred directly into his bank account..
Obtain IEC in 3 Simple Steps
- Answer Quick Questions
- It takes less than 10 minutes to fill in our questionnaires
- Provide basic details & documents required for registration
- Experts are Here to Help!
- Assigned Relationship Manager
- IEC application preparation and filing
- Allotment of IE Code
- You get the IE Code
- All it takes is 3 working days
Persons having import export code can apply for and obtain RCMC registration. Registration-Cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) is a certificate that validates an exporter dealing with products registered with an agency/ organization that are authorised by the Indian Government. The certificate is issued for five years by the Export Promotional Councils or commodity board in India. An exporter desiring to obtain an RCMC has to declare his mainstream business in the application. This application would be submitted to the Export Promotion Council/ Commodity Board relating to that line of business.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IEC code can be surrender by intimating the intention to the authority who earlier issued the license. Upon the receipt of an application for license surrender, issuing authority shall cancel the same after noting the reason thereof. Thereafter, DGFT is notified about the same who in return transmit it to custom, RBI or any such other authorities intimating about IEC becomes inoperative.
Following is the exception for IEC registration:
- IEC is not an obligation for the traders registered under Goods & Service Tax (GST)
- If there is export or import of any product merely for personal consumption and not for commercial purpose, there will be no need to obtain IEC code
- There is no requirement to obtain IEC code in case the import or export is done on behalf of the Government of India by any department, ministry, or notified charitable institute.
Import-Export code is not a tax registration; however, depending upon the product, the certain custom duty can be imposed.
No, any individual, company or sole proprietor engaged in the business of import-export needs to obtain an IEC license. It is the necessary recognition provided by the Government to exporters and importer of goods or services. However, if the value of the good transacted is too low, the authority may permit first export after imposing nominal charges.
If you or a company wants to modify any details in IEC license, then you can do it online in your IEC application. IEC modification required resubmitting the application with the DGFT once again with all the required documents. Also, IEC modification fee needs to be submitted with the department.
Any individual involved in the import and export of goods or services for the purpose of conducting business can make IE Code application. They can obtain the IE code by filing an online application accompanied with required documents. In case the person does not have a current account for the business, he/she may provide canceled cheque of the savings account for the purpose of filing IE code application.
No, there is no requirement to make a separate application for different places of business. This is a PAN based registration. Hence, the single registration will be valid for all the businesses and branch under the same entity.
Only a single IEC can be issued against a single PAN card. If at all more than one IEC is issued then it has to be surrendered to the regional office.